Sunday, August 18, 2013

Home again in Tabata Segerea

With my Swahili language intensive wrapped up, I'm settling in to Kaduma's home in Tabata Segerea, Dar es Salaam to kick off my job hunt (not before having a little...okay, lot of...fun and hitting the road one more time). Most of this week was spent reconnecting with old friends and contacts and having a general blast with Kaduma's family. Have I mentioned I love this place? There was plenty of cooking, a good amount of farming and even a couple good adventures with some of her extended family...highlights to follow :) Tomorrow morning, I'm off to Mombasa for a few days, then to Lamu, then back to Mombasa then to Dar. Then to the job hunt..


This day ranked among my favorites this far - Zuhura, Grace Juliette and I hiked to the Dar es Salaam airport so Julie and Grace could check out planes take off and land for the first time. I don't think there are words to explain just how excited Juliette was, but suffice it to say it was well worth the walk! 

More adventures - this one was a trip to City Center with Juliette and Grace - here is Juliette checking out peacocks in the botanical gardens in Dar es Salaam

Full bloom

And the girls at the Indian Ocean on the same trip. We were genuine tourists that day :)

In other miscellany: someone's to go bag for dinner that evening!

Soon to be completed homeowner Luna checking on progress at his new digs!!

Front porch (most important room of the house) under construction!

No comments:

Post a Comment